Controlled Substances Policy
- Our individual providers follow Diamond Lake Clinic maximum dosing guidelines for controlled medications used to treat anxiety, ADHD, and insomnia
- Patients being prescribed controlled substances agree to the possibility of being required to do random toxicology screens in order to get prescriptions of controlled substances.
- Our prescribers may request medical records from recent prescribers before prescribing any psychiatric medications
- Our prescribers do not prescribe pain medications, muscle relaxants, or medical cannabis
- If you are taking narcotic pain medications, medical cannabis, or are abusing drugs or alcohol our providers may not prescribe controlled substances to you
- No controlled substance medications will be prescribed without an in person appointment with a prescriber. *see list of controlled substances*
- Taking controlled substances other than how it is prescribed is grounds for termination of care
- Positive toxicology screens is grounds for termination of care
Prescription Refill Policy
ALL prescription refill requests for controlled substances require an office visit with your provider. Also any medication or dose changes require an office visit. Before leaving the office, be sure you have scheduled an appointment before your medications will run out. If you need to reschedule your appointment, make sure to make the rescheduled appointment before your medications run out.
List of Common Controlled Substances
*Please note that this is not an all-inclusive list*
|Generic Name||Trade Name|