At Diamond Lake Clinic, we have the utmost respect for your privacy and confidentiality. Please read our Notice of Privacy Practices to understand how your health information is protected.
New Patient Intake Forms and Insurance Information
When you schedule your first appointment at Diamond Lake Clinic you will be asked to provide your insurance information over the phone, along with other identifying information. This information allows our billing and scheduling departments the opportunity to prepare your new patient file prior to your appointment. The day of your appointment you will be provided with additional intake forms that will need to be filled out. Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill these out. Please make sure to bring a valid ID and your insurance card. Without these items we cannot proceed with your appointment and you will need to reschedule.
Controlled Substances Policy
- Our individual providers follow Diamond Lake Clinic maximum dosing guidelines for controlled medications used to treat anxiety, ADHD, and insomnia
- Patients being prescribed controlled substances agree to the possibility of being required to do random toxicology screens in order to get prescriptions of controlled substances.
- Our prescribers may request medical records from recent prescribers before prescribing any psychiatric medications
- Our prescribers do not prescribe pain medications, muscle relaxants, or medical cannabis
- If you are taking narcotic pain medications, medical cannabis, or are abusing drugs or alcohol our providers may not prescribe controlled substances to you
- No controlled substance medications will be prescribed without an in person appointment with a prescriber. *see list of controlled substances*
- Taking controlled substances other than how it is prescribed is grounds for termination of care
- Positive toxicology screens is grounds for termination of care
Prescription Refill Policy
ALL prescription refill requests for controlled substances require an office visit with your provider. Also any medication or dose changes require an office visit. Before leaving the office, be sure you have scheduled an appointment before your medications will run out. If you need to reschedule your appointment, make sure to make the rescheduled appointment before your medications run out.
Prior Authorizations for Prescriptions
Prior Authorizations for prescription medications require an office visit with your provider. To avoid the confusion and delays of dealing with prior authorizations and additional office visits, it is very important that you supply us with a copy of your insurance formulary (preferred medications your insurance plan will cover). Your insurance company will require prior authorization for any medication prescribed that is not listed on your formulary.
Requesting Forms or Letters From Your Provider
If you need any forms filled out by your provider or any letter written by your provider, you will need to schedule an appointment with your provider for completion of these forms and/or letters. You will need to bring these forms to your appointment, with all patient sections already filled out. For letters, you will need to bring the name and contact information of any person and/or
department to send the letter, as well ass addresses, emails, and/or fax numbers for sending the letter.
For a Diagnostic Assessment to be completed, make a 15 minute appointment with case manager, patient and provider present to go over and complete any medical/diagnostic questions and sign the forms. Please have your case worker complete the forms to the best of their knowledge before coming to the appointment.
Payments and Insurance
Payment is due at the time services are rendered. Your payment may consist of an insurance deductible, a co-payment, co-insurance, or full payment for uninsured patients or those services not covered by an insurance plan. Please be prepared to show your insurance card at every visit. Keeping your records up to date helps us expedite referrals and authorizations necessary for your care and ensures we have the information needed to bill your insurance company accurately and timely.