What is TelePsych?
Tele-psychiatry (a.k.a. “Tele-Psych”, “Tele-Medicine” or “Tele-Health”) sessions are 15-30 minute remote sessions with a care provider via a secure video chat portal. Telepsych sessions use an app that you download to your preferred device.
What do you need for a TelePsych visit?
- A valid and accessible Email address.
- Internet access via wifi, or wired ethernet.
- Computer/tablet/smartphone/iPad/other web device with a mic and camera. An app download may be required.
- Photo ID and insurance card.
- Credit or debit card. (Co-pays will be charged immediately at the end of the teleconference. There is a $50 No-Show fee.)
If you are interested in trying out this service, please call us during business hours for instructions: 612-869-4444.
Please note that we require the use of wifi or a wired ethernet connections vs cellular services when participating in a tele-psych session.